Children's learning is assessed continually throughout the year. Teachers use this assessment information when planning future learning.
For Reading, Writing and Mathematics, we use Key Learning Indicators of Performance(KLIPS) to measure pupil attainment and progress.
In other national curriculum subjects, children's learning in each year group is measured against outcomes linked to the Key Stage content. At the end of the academic year, a judgement is made to determine whether a child is 'Secure' in the Year Group expectations.
Preliminary Results as of September 2019
|Key Stage 1||ARE||Greater Depth|
|Phonics||All children who passed||Disadvantaged children who passed|
*100% of Year 2 passed their phonics check in 2019.
|Key Stage 1 (Disadvantaged)||ARE||Greater Depth|
|Key Stage 2||ARE||Greater Depth||Average Scaled Score||Progress Measures|
|Reading||75%||11%||102||-1.5 (-3.8 to 0.8)|
|Writing||82%||40%||NA||2.8 (0.7 to 4.9)|
|Maths||82%||18%||105||0.0 (-2.0 to 2.0)|
|Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling||79%||29%||105||NA|
|Key Stage 2 (Disadvantaged)||ARE||Greater Depth|
|Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling||71%||36%|
- Above national for ARE in every subject.
- Above national for ARE combined.
- 1 child missed ARE by 2 marks. If remarks had been awarded = 71% ARE (1 other child missed maths by 1 mark, if he had achieved it, along with the remarked paper child = 75% combined.)
- Maths - 18% GD = 5/28 (However a further 5 missed Greater Depth by 1 mark - had they converted, our maths PP GD would be 10/28 = 36%)
- Maths - 14% GD PP = 2/14 (However, a further 4 missed out by 1 mark - had they converted, our maths PP GD would be 6/14 = 43%)
- Reading - 11% GD = 3/28 (However, a further 2 missed out by GD 1 mark - had they converted, our reading GD would be 5/28 = 18%)
- Reading - 7% GD PP = 1/14 (However, a further 2 missed out by 1 mark - had they converted, our reading PP GD would be 3/14 = 21%)